Sunday, October 21, 2012

I got bored with blogging.  Aaaaaannnd, I'm back.

So what is swirling in my brain tonight?

Happy Coincidences

Not to be confused with happy endings.  Though, I suppose enough happy coincidences might lead . . . well nevermind. 

It was a weird day.

I took a key ring off my car keys and went to get an oil change.  There was an empty key ring on the counter. 

I walked while they were doing the oil change, finding a small store that sold cheap tacky clothes - perfect for the red dress I needed to get for Hallowe'en weekend. I bought 4.  I didn't want to spend the $ but it was karma to find the shop.

I needed a viking helmet.  I missed the turn for the parking garage to the Hallowe'en shop. I turned the corner and there was one empty spot on the street.

I didn't see any viking helmets, then, one was at my feet. In the Roman gladiator section.  Hail Caesar . . . and Thor.

Needed a long straight branch for my costume to use as a staff.  Drove to the rec. area.  Found a 4' branch, but not what I wanted.  Then passed a guy loading firewood. Asked him if he had a 5-6' straight branch I could have.  He snapped one off for me (yeah, I wrote that).  Turns out he was not with park services but just taking the wood. (The self-help folks in LA rival anywhere. But that's another story.)

I spent more $$ than I wanted to today.  I'm on a tight "budget" this week and when I got home, I wondered if it was wise to buy the extra dresses.  Later, I started clearing out junk.  Like a bag of birthday cards from last year.  Which had $100 cash in it. Which is almost exactly what I spent today. (Oil change $44/costumes $48/$helmet $13/masks $7)

Happy coincidences!

No comments:

Post a Comment